Wednesday, May 31, 2006

I have got the call...

When we got married (our first anniversary is on June 25) we stopped using protection and decided to let nature take its course. The first few months were fine, but soon after worry set in. At that point we actually tried planning it, to no avail. Now just last week we had seen her doctor who told us that her tests showed an extremely low chance of conceiving. As you could imagine
she was devastated immediately she was devastated thinking the worst.

Jump to yesterday when my cell rang in class. Over the past month I had also been teaching my wife how to use text messaging and instant messenger with much success (as she is technologically challanged) and now she even enjoys using it so we can talk when I can't answer the phone, and catching up with her friends. It seemed funny that she would call so I left class after a couple minutes of worrying. When I called she was crying, and my heart sunk; however, when I asked what was wrong she said it was nothing, ... but that she thought that she was pregnant. Now I don't remember much of the call after hearing the news but it wasn't fear, or panic like I had always imagined this call would be. I must have been in denial, actually I think I still might be. We were worried of a false positive and couldn't get into her docter for a couple weeks so we just took another test. This second test didn't take long to confirm what we hoped for, she is, actually quite, positively pregnant. Like I said, I'm not afraid, just worried. I'm worried that it will be healthy, what sex it will be (even married, I know nothing about girls) and if I can be a good father. It feels good, different, I'm not sure what's different but good...

No comments: