Sunday, September 10, 2006

The house...

Well it's been a week and I still love it! It's a small 1156 square floor, 2 storey with 3 bedrooms and 1 and a half baths. It's not the perfect place but it has character. So much character in fact that I've read more in the past month on home improvement then the textbooks I should have been reading.

(If anybody out there is considering the Insurance and Risk Management course, you could study your insurance policies it would be about as interesting! Not bashing the career I'm looking forward to the profession, but the textbooks could be made more interesting... just a smidge.)

So after an ... ahem ... sum of money for misc. tools and supplies, I have set out a brand new handyman. I was planning to paint the upstairs and replace the carpet with laminate flooring. I spent all Friday preparing the walls for paint, hours of sanding and patching as well as ripping out all the carpet, staples and tacking from the floor. Saturday was spent painting the walls which was finished that day and today we painted all the trim and the bathroom! Now almost ready for the flooring next weekend... right on schedule!!

Extreme thanks to all of our family that has put in the sweat and tears helping me to get our first house up to what we want!!!! I owe you all.

No comments: